The Canon MX860 is an inkjet printer with plenty of industry-leading features like ‘Auto Photo Fix’, ‘Borderless Printing’, Photo/Document Printing’, etc. Although you can enjoy plenty of useful features with this device, you must first set it up properly before you can unlock the opportunity to make the best use of it. Thus, in case you want to know the Canon MX860 wireless setup. Then, we are here with our post.
Methods to Guide You with the Canon MX860 Wireless Setup
This is a section of the article that provides guidance on “how to perform the Canon MX860 Wireless Setup?” in an easy and simple manner:
Installation of the Canon MX860 Printer
If the Canon MX860 printer that is present with you is a new one, then the initial installation is necessary. In order to do it correctly, follow the steps below:
- First, start both the devices respectively with the Canon MX860 initially, then the computer.
- After that, take the USB cable that came with the printer, and connect it to the device and the PC.
- Now, from the browser, visit the official Canon website and download the setup package of your printer. Next, after the download is complete, then unpack the folder to reveal the file.
- Next, tap on the ‘Windows + R’ keys together to open the ‘Run’ dialog box. Inside that dialog box, type the text ‘control panel’ in the empty area, beside the ‘Open:’ label. After that, tap on the ‘OK’ button.
- This will launch a new window, with the name ‘Control Panel’. Inside that window, there are various computer settings options on a list, which you can alter at your will.
- From that list, locate and then choose the option ‘Hardware and Sound’. This will then open a new page, within that window, in it, tap on the option ‘Devices and Printers’.
- When the next page comes up, that shows a list of all the devices presently connected on the computer, go to the menu bar and select the ‘Add a printer’ button.
- At this moment, you will see a new window with two specific links ‘Add a local printer’ and another one is ‘Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer’.
- In order to install the Canon MX860 printer, click on the second option. This action will automatically search for the printer that is connected with the same network as the computer.
- After the printer has been found, then follow the information that comes up on the window to install the printer.
- Finally, when the installation is over, then you can use the device.
Wireless Connection Setup Via WPS
Here you will get steps on how to perform setup of the Canon MX860 printer device in an easy way:
- First, tap on the ‘Home’ button present on the printer.
- After that, on the printer locate the arrows to navigate and then choose the ‘WLAN Setup’ icon.
- Then, tap on the left function button. This will illuminate the ‘WiFi’ LED, which means that wireless connectivity is active.
- Next, the printer will look for the access point that supports the WPS.
- Now, press and hold the ‘WPS’ button on the printer for five seconds. After that, let it go.
- Next, tap on the OK button for two minutes. Once the connection of the printer is complete, then to finish the setup process, hit on the ‘OK’ button.
- At last, install software from the CD that allows you to run the printer in an efficient manner.
Use the Standard Connection Method to Setup the Canon MX860 Printer
In this method, you will get another procedure that will provide you various steps on how to set up the Canon MX860 printer via the standard method of connection. To do that, follow the heads below:
- Go to the previous method of this section and then choose the first, second and the third steps one after the other.
- After that, find the ‘Stop/Reset’ button and then tap on the same.
- Next, choose the ‘Standard’ setup option and then hit the ‘OK’ button. As soon as you select the previous option, then the device will attempt to see the wireless network that is available.
- Once the wireless network that you prefer comes up, then use the navigation arrows to choose a specific access point to which you wish to connect to. Then tap on the ‘OK’ button.
- Now, after the selection of the distinct access point, provide the wireless password and then press the ‘OK’ button.
- When the wireless connection is complete, then to complete the standard setup procedure of the printer hit on the left function button.
- At last, wait for the setup process to complete and then tap on the ‘OK’ button.
This is the article that provides you with the complete procedure of the Canon MX860 wireless setup on the previous section. Therefore, follow all the steps till the very end carefully. But, even after following all of it, if you are still unsuccessful in setting your printer up, then do not panic. Just, give the details about the query that you are encountering in the comment section below and get a