“How to fix ink cartridge not recognized Canon?” is one of the issues that the Canon users frequently stumble with. Most of the users encounter this problem when they go for replacing their old cartridge with a new one. This can often affect your Canon printer when you are replacing remanufactured, compatible, generic or refilled ink cartridges. On that occasion, you might be looking for a way to fix this problem.
Read the entire article thoroughly and implement the methods exactly the same as stated in the next section.
Why do you get an Ink Cartridge not Recognized Canon Printer Error?
There are many reasons that are responsible for this Canon printer not recognizing new ink cartridge issue. When you are going to install a new ink cartridge in your printer you may face the same. You can see some error messages on your printer that ham[er your work and restricts you to complete the printing job:
- By any chance, if the toner of your printer is not compatible with your device, then you might get the issue as well.
- Due to an empty or low level of the ink toner, you can face this particular problem.
- In case the printer driver gets outdated then it is quite possible that you can face the same issue with your printer.
- Incomplete installation of an application can be the reason for the problem.
- If your printer cartridges get locked the cartridge protection is enabled then you can also encounter the same issue.
- If you have not removed the protective strips, then your printer does not allow you to print anything.
- If an incorrect/incompatible component is installed in your device, then you might be unable to detect the ink cartridge. This happens in rare cases but at the same time, it gets the users puzzled.
- Due to any hardware failure, the users get the problem with their device sometimes.
How to fix Ink Cartridge Not Recognized Canon Issue?
Here in this segment, we are going to illustrate some ways that can help you to solve the problem on your own:
Fix 1: Check the Hardware Issues
As we mentioned that, due to a hardware issue you might face the same. On such an occasion, you have to check the hardware connections. Check the USB cables that are connected with your device and your computer. Switch off your canon printer and then detach it from the power supply. Now, remove the ink cartridges from the printer and then rejoin the essentials as well. Finally, turn on your printer and computer and check if the issue gets solved or not.
Fix 2: Clean the Metal Contacts
- First of all, turn off your printer and unplug your printer as well.
- Now, you have to remove the ink cartridge and keep it on a flat surface.
- Then, check the cartridges and ink toners for the metal contacts.
- After that, review the printer’s inside and check the connection point as well.
- Wipe the contacts on both cartridges with the help of a lint-free cloth and remove the dirt also.
- Then, you have to replace the cartridges and power the Canon printer back on.
- At the final step, try to print a page and check if the error still occurs or not.
Still Having Issues? Follow some Guidelines
In case if you are still facing the same issue after performing the above steps then follow the things that are given below:
- Be sure that, when you are going to all the protective covers and strips were removed properly from the ink cartridge.
- Ensure that you have purchased the exact consumable.
- Also check the ink toner is compatible for your printer or not.
- Seldom you have to update the firmware software. So, keep on checking whether the firmware is outdated or not.
Expectedly, if you have exhausted all the methods that are given to you, then there is a less possibility of getting the same issue further.
To Sum it Up
Expectedly, the above guide will help you to know “how to fix ink cartridge not recognized Canon”. But if you face any issues regarding the solutions you can also write your queries to us. For more tech-related information you can follow our further articles as well.