Many of the computer users use their wireless Canon printer for work-related or personal printing jobs. Some often complain that their Canon printer refuses to respond at certain intervals. Hence, in case you are experiencing Canon printer not showing up issues on a regular basis, then its high time that you seek help from us. Therefore, you can follow this article in order to receive help from us.
Here in this article, you will get the methods that you perform at your own. Moreover, we are also going to discuss some of the causes of this Canon printer issue. Hence, now you can aheva a look at the next part of the article below:
Probable Causes Behind the Canon Printer not Showing Up Issue
Hence, you already know that here we are going to discuss some of the causes of the Canon printer problems. Therefore, without any delay, you can follow up with the points that are listed below:
- Using an out-of-date Canon printer driver can lead to this issue.
- If the Canon printer is not connected to the wireless network, then it will not show up.
- Also if the Canon printer driver is corrupt due to virus attack, then you can get this issue.
- If the Windows system files are not compatible with Canon printer then also you will not get to see the Canon printer connection.
- Any loose connection between the Canon printer and the computer can also result in this issue.
Therefore, these are some of the causes of this Canon printer issue that we listed for you. However, there can be more such causes of this Canon printer problem. Now, you can move to the next section of the article below in order to get the issue resolving methods.
Resolve the Canon Printer Not Showing Up on Network Issue
Het you will receive the methods that you can easily perform at your place. You no need to go anywhere else to resolve the Canon printer. Hence, in order to learn the methods of fixing the issue, you can have a look at the next section below:
Method 1: Try out Some Basic Troubleshooting
If in case your Canon printer is not connected properly, then you can try to out some basic fixing steps. Hence, you can now follow the steps that are given down below:
Part 1: If you use a USB cable to connect to your Canon printer
- First, you have to check if the USN is connected properly. You have to make sure that it is properly seated in the USB ports of the system and the Canon printer.
- Try to connect the Canon printer to the computer directly without using any hub.
- Also, try to use different USB ports and USB cables to connect the Canon printer to the computer.
Part 2: If you use a network Canon printer
- Check the wireless connection and network device like the router and the modem if they are working properly.
- Also, check the wireless network status of the Canon printer.
Part 3: If you use your Canon printer via Bluetooth
- Make sure that the system and the Canon printer are close enough to each other.
- Also, try to re-pairing your Canon printer with your computer.
After checking all these things, see that it resolves your Canon printer not showing up issue easily. However, if this does not help, then there are more fixing methods below.
Method 2: Run the Canon printer Troubleshooter tool
The Windows Troubleshooter tool is an inbuilt application that can resolve any issues with the system. Therefore, you can try to use this tool in order to fix this Canon printer issue. Hence, the steps of the method are discussed as follows:
- In the first step, you have to press the Windows logo key and then, you have to type “troubleshooter” in the search box.
- After that, you have to click on the Troubleshoot option from the results.
- Now, you have to click on the Printer option and after that click on the Run the Troubleshooter button at the bottom.
- After that, you have to follow all the on-screen instructions to finish the troubleshooting process.
- Now, you have to check if the Canon printer not showing up issue is still there or not.
Hopefully, by following the steps you are able to fix the Canon printer issue. However, if not, then there are more methods to fix that you can try below.
Method 3: Restart the Print Spooler Service
The print spooler service on your system helps to manage all your print jobs and communication. This service acts as a bridge between the printer and the computer. In case, this print spooler service is not working properly, then the Canon printer may not respond. Therefore, you must reset the service in order to gain the Canon printer connection. Hence, the steps to follow are provided below:
- First, press the Windows log key and the R key at the same time. As the Run box invokes, you have to type services.msc and then hit the Enter key.
- Aa the Windows Services window opens, you have to click on the Print spooler option from the list.
- After that, you have to click on the Restart option on the left pane. Close all the active windows.
- Finally, check to see if you still get the Canon printer not showing up issue.
If the Canon printer prints, then you are good to go. Otherwise, you can follow other fixing methods that are in the next part of the article below.
Method 4: Try to Configure the correct printer port for your Canon printer
You can get to see the Canon printer issue if you are using the faulty USB port for the connection. Hence, you have to reconfigure the USB port in order to fix the Canon printer connection issue. The steps of the methods are given below:
- At first, you have to gain invoke the Run box just like in the previous method.
- As the run box opens, you have to type control and then press the Enter key.
- This action will open up the Control Panel window on your system’s screen.
- Now you have to select the Large Icons options under the View By box. This box will be available at the top right corner of the Control Panel window.
- In the next step, you have to click on the Devices and Printers option from the list.
- After that, you have to right-click on the Canon printer and then you have to click on the Printer Properties option.
- Now you have to click on the Change Properties button.
Steps of Method 4 Continued
- After that, under the Port tab, you have to check that if it contains your Canon printer name.
- Also here you have to check that it has the USB or DOT4 name in the description for wired Canon printer.
- For wireless Canon printer, it will have WSD, network or IP name in the description.
- If the above-stated names are not there, then you have to make the changes.
- After that, you have to click on the Apply button and then click on the OK button.
- Now under the General tab, you have to take a print test page. If it works fine, then you have resolved the Canon printer not showing up issue on your own.
Therefore, this is how you can resolve the Canon printer on your own. Now, if the Canon printer issue still troubles you, then there are more troubleshooting methods in store for you.
Method 5: Update the Canon printer driver to its latest version
Supposedly, you are using out of date or wrong Canon printer driver, then you can easily get to see this Canon printer issue. If this is the case, then you can get the steps to resolve this issue. Hence, you can now have a look at the points that are listed below:
- Open the Device Manager from the Start menu, by typing “device” in the search bar.
- As the Device Manager window opens, you have to search for the Canon printers driver.
- On finding it, you have to right-click on it. Now you have to click on the Update driver software option from the list.
- After that, you have to click on the first option in the driver software update window.
- Now you have to wait for the driver update process to finish its task.
- As the process completes, you have to check if the Canon printer not showing up still pops up or not.
After updating the Canon printer driver, now we hope that you are able to resolve the Canon printer issue on your own.
Now, we are here at the end of the article, hoping that these methods above are able to fix the issue with the Canon printer not showing up easily. Therefore, now you can continue to perform all the printing jobs. However, if in case you still get to see the same Canon printer issue, then don’t panic. Instead of panicking, you can get back to us. Hence, you can use the comments section below this article in order to get back to us.