In current times the Canon printers are widely used in the market. They offer quality production and a vast range of innovative features. However, like every other printer, Canon printers also start throwing in several errors and problems after a certain period of time and Canon u052 error is one of them. This error is primarily connected with the hardware side of the printer and hence, it quite tricky to fix. Yet, any Canon users can resolve with the help of proper troubleshooting steps. Now, if you want to talk about those solutions then follow this article to the end. This is because we have provided all the necessary solutions to this error here. But, before that, let’s have a look at the causes of this error code.
Prominent Causes Of Canon U052 Error
In a printer, there are many types of problematic factors that can trigger an error in the user’s system while performing a printing job but the Error code U052 is a special one. This error code usually gets activated when something is wrong with the Printhead of the Canon printer. Here we have provided some examples of Printhead issues which can cause this error in your printer. Have a look at them:
- The print head of the printer isn’t installed properly
- Dirty print head
- Serious damages in the print head of the Canon printer.
Now, if you have identified all the possible causes of Canon printer error U052, then let’s have a look at its solutions.
Ways to Solve the Canon U052 Error
There are many ways by which you can remove this error from your system and printer. But, you need to apply them in a proper order to get an effective result. In this section of the article, we have provided those solutions for you. Have a look at them and try to apply them as instructed in this article:
Reinstall the Printhead
Most of the time, the users encounter with this error message after installing the Printhead on the Canon printer. And if the same thing happening with you, then follow the given steps to fix it:
- First, remove the top lid of the printer in order to access its internal areas. Now, when you do that, the cartridge slot will automatically pop-up on the middle front area of the printer.
- Then, disconnect your printer from the AC wallet and run the cleaning cycle on the print head. After doing that, remove all the ink cartridges from your printer.
- Once you have done that, slowly remove the Printhead from your printer and clean it up manually.
- Now, reinsert the print head and ink cartridges into your Canon printer properly and then, close the top lid properly.
After that, connect the power cable into your printer and turn it on in order to check the status of the issue. To do that, give the Canon printer some printing commands and check whether the error message is appearing or not. However, if the Canon Printhead error u052 continues to appear in your printer and system, then try out the other solutions given in this article:
Without Installing the Print Head
Now, if you get this error code on your Canon printer when the print head isn’t installed in it then follow the given steps to fix it:
- Switch off the Canon printer and open the lid of the printer.
- Then, install the print head into the sliding rail. You will find it beside the cartridges slot.
- After that, install the ink cartridge into the cartridge slots. Then, close the lever and make sure that there is no open door. And also check whether the cartridges and the print heads are properly installed.
- Now, close the top lid of the printer and turn it on
Once you have done that, run some printing commands on your Canon printer in order to check the status of Canon u052 error.
Reset The Print Head
In order to reset the print head of the Canon printer, you need to follow the given steps.
- Turn off the printer and disconnect all the power and USB cables from the printer.
- Then, open the paper outlet tray and top lid. Now, if your printer has a scanning system on its top then unplug and remove it carefully.
- After that, remove the ink tanks properly. While doing this make sure that you don’t touch the Print Head lock lever.
- Clean your printer and remove all the small pieces of paper and dust and then lif the PrintHead locker Lever.
- Now, insert the ink tank in the Printhead and make sure it perfectly matches to the slot.
Once you have done that, connect everything back into their respective places and check whether the issue is fixed or not.
However, if you are unable to resolve the Canon Printhead error u052 with the help of above-mentioned solutions and instructions, then it is quite possible that your Canon printer is suffering from some serious hardware issue. And in that case, you should consult with a technical expert in order to find the most efficient and effective solution.
We hope that our solutions and suggestions are helpful to you regarding the Canon u052 error. But, if you need more information on this topic or other tech-related stuff them keep following our upcoming articles.